Welcome to Scientia!
Scientia is a science database. That means,
you'll find lots of material about science on this pages: news, links and, most
of all, free scripts.
Scientia is meant for scientists and students which are looking
for in depth information. The standard way still is to buy or borrow a book,
while there is lots of free information to be found in the internet. But
it is hard to track down.
Scientia wants to be the place where to look first!
Scientia is living. If there is any information you miss or if
you know a script that is freely available and would be a fine lecture, let
us know, and we'll link it.
There are no limitations on:
- Subject: All sciences are welcome if they produce reproducible results or comprehensible thoughts and so, deserve the name "science".
- Language: Fell free to submit material in any language that is spoken by at least two persons.
- Size: This refers to bigness and smallness. Scripts from one sentence up to lots of MegaBytes are allowed (ask SourceForge for limitations) .
- Level or severity: Simple explanations for novices are respected as well as scripts in any desired complexness and dificulty.
But there are limitations to ensure quality:
- Availibility: The text must be freely available. In case of doubt the author is going to be asked before linking a file.
- Seriousness. This page is about serious, "real" science. Of course, opinions differ a lot in this point. All we try is not to waste disc space and your time in untenable assertions.
- Universality: Scripts should not be linked to tightly to a special lecture at a special university or school. They should be readable for any person with sufficient precognition.
This project is young!
Help it grow! You can:
sending an email to:
- submit scripts
- submit links
- submit ideas etc.
- evaluate scripts and links
© by subcom - last change 2003-01-19
The webmaster is not responsible for content on pages outside of domain scientia.sourceforge.net .